Sunday, December 15, 2013

ROLLER DERBY POSTER GALLERY



ROLLER DERBY! Is the complete best, let me just start there. What you might not know is that Roller Derby leagues are skater-owned and operated, which means that we're responsible for every part of the organization, from training to finance to PR, to promo, to bout production-- it's not all throwing elbows and jumping over alligators, is what I'm saying.

I skated with Maine Roller Derby from August 2012 to August 2014. My league job was with the Creative Committee, which is responsible for promotional materials like bout posters, programs, and print ads. Here are a few samples from the 2013 and 2014 seasons:

 

 


 




I currently skate with Providence Roller Derby-- where I spent two years on the Art Committee filling the bout programs with ALL KINDS OF NONSENSE HAHAHA, but have since moved on to coaching recruits and juniors.